When there is a decline in immunity, the organism overcomes bacteria and viruses and causes illness. This is especially pronounced during the cold days, from late autumn to early spring.
The immune system is a complex system of leucocytes and antibodies in the body that fight infections, bacteria, viruses and other harmful particles. The immune system is our natural defense against diseases.
Immune system disorder is called a decline in immunity, which can cause a number of health disorders and diseases because then the organism is weakened and susceptible to the action of viruses and bacteria.
What affects the decline in immunity?
The immune system is affected by: long-term, chronic diseases (obesity, diabetes), surgery, frequent infections, long-term use of antibiotics, stress, chronic fatigue, exhaustion, insufficient physical activity, too much intellectual and physical work, polluted air, industrial dust, dust, exposure to long-lasting cold, excessive exposure to the sun and heat.
Immunity also damages the bad habits: smoking, irregular diet, long-term diets, insufficient sleep, irregular rest, pessimism, poor hygiene…
Especially in winter our body is susceptible to infections. Simply put, our body coldly spends a lot of energy on heating, so if we take it away with other “struggles” (fatigue, physical effort, stress), and we do not give enough calories, vitamins and minerals, we create conditions to prevent disease.
How to strengthen immunity?
To strengthen immunity, healthy habits and responsible behavior are necessary: proper nutrition, enough sleep, regular rest, daily physical activity, stress reduction, maintenance of personal hygiene, and maintenance of hygiene of the space.
– Proper and healthy diet strengthens immunity. In the body, several smaller regular meals should be introduced which should contain enough: vitamins (especially D, C and A), minerals, antioxidants, fiber, proteins, carbohydrates and calories.
Fruits are recommended: fruit juice, grapes, apples, almonds and natural fruit juices. From vegetables we distinguish: onions, garlic, cabbage, eggplant, peppers, broccoli.
The lack of fresh vegetables also provides enough vitamins. Protein and minerals are introduced into chicken soup, lean meat, poultry meat, fish, mushrooms and low fat milk products.
– Supplements in the diet can be honey and propolis (royal jelly) because they are beneficial for immunity. A favorable combination is warm tea (mint, chamomile, green tea, hibiscus …) sweetened with honey. Multivitamins help if you do not already have enough vitamins with regular nutrition.
– Sleep and rest are necessary for our health and stress reduction. It is important to sleep in peace and quiet 7-8 hours a day. The bedroom should not be warmed up. Daily, weekly and annual rest are used to relax the body.
– Reducing stress is possible if during the day we take a few minutes for ourselves. Then we should sit or lie down in peace and quiet and not think about the obligations for at least 5 minutes, because it works very favorably on the body. So do the hot bath or sauna, but it takes a little more time.
– With regular or moderate physical activity, immunity can be improved up to 50%, which is scientifically proven. It means: daily hiking, occasional swimming or easy running, recreational hiking.
The walks are especially welcome during the winter, in the park or by the rivers, to avoid the polluted city. Domestic exercises are recommended: breathing exercises, yoga, tai-chi-chuan and chi-yong.
– The hygiene of space and personal hygiene are prerequisites for good immunity. Regular hand washing is implied because they are the most susceptible to infections. Every day, ventilate the work rooms and the bedroom, by ventilating in the cold for 3 to 5 minutes.
These are just some tips that can help us increase immunity.