Citrus diet is one of the most famous and most effective fruit diets. Holding this diet requires a strong desire and perseverance and the results can really surprise you. What are the benefits of a citrus diet and in general the inclusion of citrus fruits in daily diet?
A lighter form of citrus diet – advantages
If you include oranges, tangerines, lemons and grapefruit in your daily diet, you may lose a few pounds without having a special diet. It has already been proven that citrus fruits burn fat well, because it contains enzymes that stimulate digestion. In addition, it contains vitamin C, which accelerates metabolism and eliminates toxins from the body. This type of citrus diet does not have any drawbacks, so we will not process it in detail.
Strict citrus diet – advantages and disadvantages
First of all, we need to note that the strict citrus diet differs from the “regular” citrus diet after the restrictions in the choice of food. The advantage of this diet is that you can reduce from 12 to 17 kg per month. Of course, this result is not so common, but women can lose about an average of about 11 kilograms per month, which is a good figure, but constant sticking on this diet is NOT what we advise you. Because this diet is quite rigorous and it is not recommended to use it for longer than 5 to 7 days. After this you can take a break of 3 days and possibly repeat the cycle.
Example of a daily menu:
The menu for a day would look like this:
– A glass of fresh orange orange juice or grapefruit in the morning
– For lunch – a grapefruit and two kiwi
– For dinner – 2 boiled eggs
– You can drink low fat yoghurt before bedtime
– During citrus diet, you should always drink fruit or green tea (which contribute to attenuation) or lemonade without sugar. Once in three days you can eat an egg with a slice of bread and low-fat cheese.
If you have problems with your stomach – this diet is not for you. Also, if you have problems with hypoglycaemia … forget about this diet.
It’s best to see this diet as a quick detoxification plan after several days … hmm … we’ll say an exaggeration in food … or preparation for an event for which you must quickly lose a few pounds to get into your favorite clothes.
– It is known that citrus fruits contain fruit acids that stimulate the dissolution of fats. This allows you to not have to exercise. Excess pounds will start to disappear after three days, and this will encourage you to continue adhering to the diet.
– Cooking during this diet has been reduced to almost zero.
– Citrus fruit, in addition to fruit acid, contains vitamins and other useful substances that have a good effect on metabolic processes in the body.
– Rapid weight loss can be harmful in two cases: if you have a huge excess of pounds and rapid weight loss will leave traces of the skin that can not be easily removed after the diet, and there is also a risk that at least half by weight will return. So take care of the body at the time of adhering to this diet.
– Citrus fruits are low calorie, so you may feel fatigue and a headache while you are on this diet. Or, more simply, you will be hungry.
A cute quick diet that would be interesting to try, but only for a few days. However, you should follow the recommendations: the amount of weighted pounds in a month should be no more than 5 to 7 percent of body weight. Also, in this diet – if it is kept in multiple cycles – it is advisable to consult a physician or other qualified nutritionist.