An ancient plant, used as a food and as a medicine for more than 5000 years. Ginseng root has cylindrical shape and by the look reminds of human body which was the reason why people believed in its healing power. It was considered as a miraculous plant, the root of life! The experience based on the use through the years, had proved many of its positive effects on human’s body and still does.
You can find different types of ginseng: Korean, Chinese, Indian, American and Siberian, they are not quite same but they all belongs to the Araliaceae family and they all keep your physical and mental health, they are slowing down the aging process and gives you vitality and long life!
Chinese medicine has many records about the healing properties of ginseng root, and here are some of them:
– Strong immune system stimulant that increases people’s ability for work and gives strength without any side effects.
– Improves memory and mental abilities.
– Reduces body’s need for oxygen in a state of low atmospheric pressure controlling at the same time all important brain functions, and that’s why is recommended to cosmonauts, divers and people with hard physical and mental work.
– Lowers high blood sugar by increasing the insulin production.
– Lowers the “bad”, LDL cholesterol and increases the ”good”, HDL cholesterol.
– Helps women in menopause by reducing the symptoms and improving the emotional balance, especially when is used in combination with minerals and vitamins.
– Reduces inflammations and muscle pain and helps a lot in postoperative care of patients.
– Treats man’s erectile dysfunction by improving the blood circulation.
– Relieves joints pain and inflammations.
– Cures insomnia, tiredness and depression.
– It’s good for those who suffer from anaemia.
– Helps for better resorption of vitamins and minerals.
– Has positive impact on function of endocrine glands.
– Loosen the bronchial smooth muscle and helps people with asthma.
– Has anti-aging effects because of the large amount of phytonutrients.
– Siberian ginseng is particularly good for flu prevention and cold, as well as for many autoimmune diseases, lupus, HIV infections and for chronic fatigue syndrome.
– Indian ginseng or ashwagandha, is recommended against stress, boost energy and detox your body, but for good digestion is better to take it with ginger.
As you can see, ginseng root has many benefits and can be used by everyone, except by pregnant women and people who take antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) because there is a risk of interaction with drugs. For all the rest, ginseng root is completely safe and can be consumed every day in small doses. It’s especially advised in next cases:
– People who do hard physical work or sport.
– After chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
– To anaemic people and people with bad blood circulation.
– For people in menopause.
– For those who suffer from bronchitis, asthma, arthritis, yeast infections, different inflammations.
– Against insomnia, depression and stress.
– For keeping your body active and full of energy as well as for detox of your body.
Ginseng root can be found raw, dry, in powder, as supplement in form of tablets or capsules, tincture and ginseng tea. Recommended dose of the raw root is 1-2 grams each day, while the supplements dosages vary according to their form, purpose of use and the type of ginseng, but generally doses are ranged between 100 to 400mg per day, in period of 6 – 12 weeks. All forms of ginseng are effective, but ginseng alcohol tincture or extract is its most natural form, because capsules and tablets needs extra ingredients to act as preservatives. For maximum effect, take ginseng products on empty stomach with a lot of water. Avoid using these products if you take medicines with acetylsalicylic acid or stimulants of the central nervous system, or consult your doctor before use. Should not be taken more than 3 months, like any other supplement, and if you experience any side effect stop taking it! Try with small doses at the beginning to avoid also some allergic reactions on the product!
Take ginseng root safely to experience all of its positive benefits that many cultures had discovered thousand of years ago!